View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 04:00 PM
calico
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
1. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. With that said, you should consult an aviation medical professional to see if a First Class Medical is even possible and will you be able to hold it your entire life.
2. Only you can decide if it's worth it. How bad do you really want it?
3. It's hard for any of us to speculate on the reason you want things. I keep hearing that you are someone that just wants things he can't have. Do you get bored easily with things? How much do you enjoy that drive to the airpark to go flying each time? At your point in training, medical issues aside, you should be excited for most, if not all, of your training flights.

Seriously though man, only you can decide how much flying means to you. Certainly do your due diligence to determine if it's even possible medically, but again the "want it bad enough" is entirely up to you.

I can tell you from personal experience I loved flying more than anything. I couldn't imagine doing anything else, but being a pilot. Now that I've made it to the top, as some people say, it's still a great job, but I don't love flying anymore. I still wouldn't do anything else, but there isn't a time where I'm on the road flying that I wouldn't rather be at home with my family. And there isn't a time that I'm home with my family that I wish I was on the road flying.

Best of luck man. Hope the medical issues improve. I lost my mom last year to septic shock at the age of 60. Take care.
Like you, I had suffered from septic shock from perforated intestines from a simple medical procedure that got botched. Septic twice in a week and I was written off for dead. It took time but I was able to recover and with chrones, you can too. PM if you need a pep talk