View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Propwash72
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: CRJ-900 CA

Originally Posted by ebuhoner View Post
Been at 9E for 5 months. I have to admit that envoy got my attention and I gave it some thought and discussed it with my family. After a couple of days we just came to the conclusion that its better to stay put. Slightly better pay and specially the flow was very tempting, but not enough to make a lateral move for me. I like it here at 9E a lot and I think this is a great company to work for... I also hope they work on something in the next few months to keep atracting new hires and keep me motivated to work here. I personally think Delta should give the flow a second thought.

If I was still a cfi Today not knowing much about work rules and looking for a job today, envoy or psa would probably be my top 2 choices.... Flow beats interview and 58k beats 50k a year. Plain and simple.

I dont know how the QOL is at envoy or psa, but based on these forums, is not very good. That is a big plus for 9E, which I think has excellent work rules except for reserve (Which I didnt really care cause only did it for 1 month)... On October I have over 20 days off and weekends off as a line holder. That is hard to beat, specially if I have been here only 5 months.
20 days off after 5 months? Can I take PBS lessons from you?

Seriously though, if you don't mind, what tipped the scales in 9E's favor for you? I'm in a similar boat; been at 9E 6 months, overall happy with the company, but Envoy would mean a far easier commute...ORD and DFW both are cakewalks compared to the 2-leg I do now. That and American is my 1st choice.