View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Edgecrusher28
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Can someone explain how they assign RR. The way I read the contract after assigning the volunteers, they are to assign in inverse seniority order. That doesn't appear to be happening, I have been having 2-3 guys jr to me not be assigned it.
I have called CS a few times when I think this is happening and here is what I have found out. For P2 and P3 RR shifts, I was informed that you must be overnight-able. So perhaps, those junior to you only have one day remaining on their reserve block and cannot be assigned RR for the above reserve periods. Second case was the junior reserve pilot was not contactable the day prior and they stick you with the RR shift and leave the junior pilot on home reserve. Another; more questionable scenario I was given is as follows. A junior reserve pilot was given an assignment( I choose last out as a preference) and I was then assigned RR due to pecking order. For whatever reason the once given assignment was removed and that pilot was placed back on home reserve even though I was still showing P1 RR. Scheduling said that is just a bad break and they couldn't change it for whatever technical/contractual reasons.