View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Boogie Nights
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: KC135 IP
Default Airtran Pilots Tenative Deal "hype"

I have to applaud Airtrans media department. To read the news you would think that we had all voted and thought the TA was the best thing since sliced bread. I hope the heck this is indeed media hype or I will be very let down.

I hope the TA goes down in flames, the union Pres and vice are recalled. Heck this is the first union I have belonged to. I would have expected more from people who are supposed to have my interest at heart.

Most pilots I know are good, intelligent people. I hope they will look at the big picture here.

Taking a step back I do not think Airtran pilots should be pressing for a contract for at least two years. We should not be the first to settle and set a standard for pay in our types and class. Let Alaska, United, American, Delta, and their pilots unions set the stage for us. They have more experience, more money and can give us bargaining power when we come to the table as most are or will be hiring.

Granted I am new to this but it seems to me that a quick buck now will set us back for the next 6-10 years.

Airtran guys give me validation….is this TA going down hard?