View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:51 PM
NMuir
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
I lived in a loft in a hangar with no windows building time flying jumpers and had the time of my life!
A few questions....

- how many hours per month can one expect doing jumper flights?

- how much does that pay?

- does that involve a type rating for the aircraft being flown, or any other special training?

And all my friends in mapping stay in nice hotels flying across the country making good money. All with fresh commercials.
Yes, I am giving serious consideration to that.

The downside is I don't like living on the road (short trips are ok, but living out of a hotel for weeks and months on end really blows). And also, the idea of spending 8 hours a day or so at 1000AGL is a bit scary given my inexperience to be honest (especially if I'm required to operate camera equipment too).

Thoughts?

I was in your place a year ago and to put it straight you will hit 500 hours and look back and realize how little you knew out of school and at 250hrs
Oh I am very humble and inexperienced, no argument from me there. I have often heard that it takes to around 800hrs before things start to seriously "click" in the brain and you tend to reach a higher knowledge plane around then.