View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 10:12 AM
DoomedTX
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Thanks for the insight. We were on the cusp of changing our licenses etc since we only just started a few days before the interview. For now I'm holding off switching state residency until we decide if we're going to be stationary or continue travelling once training is over. I don't want to switch all the registrations to TX if we are going to wind up buying a house in easy driving distance of MEM.

The answers have some insider terms I'm sure I'll come to understand, so forgive me if you've already stated this. Right now I just tell my current company what airport I want to use, and they buy me a ticket from there. Last month it was in AR, this month TN and later FL, etc. Would I be able to do the same thing without the purchased ticket, realizing that jumpseating is on my own responsibility and there's no protection unless I'm on a reserved FedEx seat? I'd maintain a permanent mailing/tax address and keep the company updated on my physical location as required. Does that sound about right?