View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Express pilot
My buddy held CLE out of training, you should also. I didn't mean to discourge you. My advise, if you live in CLE, make CLE your base, on reserve. You can always call scheduling and get on the will fly list, so you will fly. For upgrade you will want to start thinking about EWR. Also, is you want to hold a line faster, think EWR. But again, as a new hire that lives in Cle. just base yourself there for awhile. For training you should get a big white binder, that has most all your stuff in it. Call the training center and find out whats going on and just ask questions that concern you. As far as getting furloughed in Jan. , anything can happen in this career, but the word is, everything will be fine. I'm not a cool-aid guy, but we will fly those planes for someone else before they went to CAL, or CAL or our management just be using this for paycuts. I would not worry about that, most guys of this regional sec. don't know the details. Just worry about getting through training, not that it is hard, it seems like you have the passion to pay attention
Sounds good. I don't live in CLE, just think I would like it better than EWR and I know IAH is very senior. I got the big white binder and the cockpit poster and am spending hours a day worshipping it (my girlfriend thinks im nuts). I guess I meant like should I be shopping for a flight case now or wait until I get to training? What kind of goodies helped you through training or did you wish you had while you were in training? Also, is it worth having a car down there in Houston during training?

I'm with you on the January thing. If it happens, it happens. But if it does happen, I want to get as much experience as I can with the company before they boot me out on the street.

Last edited by freezingflyboy; 03-12-2006 at 07:25 PM.