View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:31 AM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by snackysmores View Post
Only Commutair and Expressjet have the United CPP program which is basically the full interview + a hypothetical class date when you reach a certain amount of hours and meet their requirements.
XJT isn't a "full interview", no TSA.

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
I am not previous military and I never worked for a regional/commuter airline.

Flight instructor, jump pilot, air tours over the Grand Canyon, bush pilot in Ak, fire fighting pilot, corporate, international freight, major airline #1, and finally UAL 19+ years ago.

Do yourself a favor and take the road most traveled nowadays. Flight school, instructor, 1500 hours, regional, the one that gets you an upgrade and turbine PIC the fastest, major airline. BUT don't forget that you need to have a four year degree as well. I did all of my ratings and got a CFI prior to college, I worked as an instructor/ jump pilot/ tour pilot during college. When I graduated college I already had almost 2,000 hours flight time. That worked out really well for me.
I know you had a that longer road

But for A LOT of pilots now, it's almost like there's an intermediate stop requires after the magical TPIC is met at the regional. A tour at a ULCC/LCC/ACMI carrier.