View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 10:51 AM
TheWrightStuff
Mx Delay

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by daOldMan View Post
All flows can be stopped. They just have to declare bankruptcy at your particular WO, and... POOF... it is stopped. Or, move your airplanes to another carrier and move you over there.

If I were a new hire at PDT, I would be concerned about the fact that I would not flow for 15 years unless growth occurs (which it will not), and the airplanes that PDT flies will not be around more than 10 years. 50 seat jets only have a life span of a few more years.

Growth can only occur if there are pilots to support it. PDT will be replacing the Dash with 145's, and is continuing to struggle to do so. It is unlikely that there will be enough pilots to actually increase the overall fleet numbers at PDT. That will mean no increased flow numbers.
Oh, please. This is the same guy that said the flow wouldn't exist at all in any capacity in 2017. Sorry chicken little, the sky is not falling here at Piedmont.

The Dash replacement seems to be going quite well. Our 10th -145 is scheduled to arrive today. Roughly 1/4 of all Piedmont pilots are now listed on the -145 roster as of the latest permanent bid. Sure, the training department is slightly backed up, but new instructors are becoming available weekly. Once instructor staffing rights itself, the training backlog will start to diminish.

We're currently ~10 pilots from achieving the 4 pilot flow/month. Let's take some numbers and math real quick. Currently, we are flowing around #90 on the seniority list. If a new hire came in today as #466, he/she would have 10 years to flow if every single pilot in front of them decided to exercise their option to flow. We know that's unrealistic. When the flow jumps up to 4/mo-which is all but inevitable at this point-that number comes down to the 7 year range. These numbers certainly aren't ideal, and they're definitely not the numbers that our recruiters are advertising. But, it's not 15 years. That's a flat out lie.

I'll give you credit when you say that growth can only occur if there's pilots to support it. But the support is there, and classes are growing. Yeah, the flow can be stopped by AAG. They can also decide to liquidate all of their WOs and tack us on the bottom of the seniority list. I doubt either of these situations happens in the near future.