View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Missed Appch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
Forgive the lame analogies - I am just trying to describe what I'm thinking, and it seems easiest.

So called 'cooler heads' keep saying "relax guys, it's called negotiations" Making the case that it's normal for the company to start at - 10, and we start at + 10 and meet somewhere around Zero. Fine! But that's not what happened. Is it? ...... And this is my concern (not a complaint mind you, just a concern, and I'm open to correction)

We didn't start at + 10. We didn't even start at + 1. The pay proposals that the union came up with, in my mind, were too low and are the very least we should accept. And that's assuming we give absolutely nothing away and also make strong gains wrt to retirement, health insurance, and the other proposals they made.

Then we get the company's proposal and it isn't -10. It's at like -100! So here we are: We started on the main floor of the house, when we should have started on the roof, and they started in the bottom of the septic tank under a sludge of $#!t instead of the basement. Where will we meet up???
I tend to agree. At this point, the $245 is the lowest I'm willing to accept. We should have asked for more.