View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 PM
daOldMan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by GoNova View Post
Well it was mostly within the past year that growth occurred at endeavor, it didn't continue because they stopped pulling planes out of the desert. There are still plenty of pilots reaching there hours every year to grow some airlines, just not staff all of them and if airlines like PDT will offer a significant edge over a lot of them there is no reason they won't grow. Also a growth of 100 to 200 pilots to a group around 460 is huge, I think they can find more than that to cover attrition and grow that amount probably more over the next year. I don't know why they have to keep raising the pay. It is now excellent right now and for years to come.
Growth can only occur IF your pilots are not going elsewhere. Do you not have pilots going to Delta/United/FedEx/UPS/Southwest? PSA has lost a dozen pilots to mainline and good LCC carriers in the last 4-6 weeks alone.

Delta is hiring 1200 next year.
United is hiring 1000 next year.
Southwest is hiring. JetBlue is hiring. Heck...everybody is hiring.

This year, the major and LCC airlines will have hired 4,000 pilots. Next year, it will be over 5,000+.

So, if your pilots are not going elsewhere, then yes, you may be able to grow. Are your pilots not applying? If they are applying, is no one hiring them? Why not?

In this market, with you guys being so small and only flying outdated T-Props and 145's, I can't imagine enough people going to PDT to make up for attrition.