Thread: Republic or Endeavor?

gojo , 09-23-2016 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off
gojo
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2010
Quote: I hope you aren't taking my post out of context.
I'm not trying to knock anyone's pay or contracts. Actually quite the opposite..I'm thrilled for the recent improvements that have been made in terms of compensation at every regional.
All I'm doing is laying out facts.
Will Endeavors pay be increased when the bonuses expire? All signs point to yes. But then again everyone's pay at every regional should be going up at the places that want to stay competitive and continue hiring pilots.
But the fact of the matter is at this moment the money you're making in bonuses is not yet rolled into your hourly rate. Again I'm not saying it won't be, but that is peering into the crystal ball again and anyone who throws out any numbers at this point is either hopeful or lying.
One thing to remember is with the exception of flow, Delta seems to lead the way in this industry. All others seem to be more reactive to what Delta does and try to play catch up. And while I agree, it's nice to see almost all regional airlines pay going up. Look at how long it took to become competitive to the Endeavor package? I'm pretty confidant that as the gap narrows Delta will make an appropriate change that will make Endeavor more attractive. What that will be, who knows at this point. Another consideration is, will the non-wholly owned airlines be able to compete as the pay and benefits goes up at the wholly owned airlines?