View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by NYC Pilot View Post
Normally, you post normal things but what exactly is FDX/DAL material? That sounds like a very dumb line because I know many tools who fly for FDX and Delta but somehow they got hired. UPS in on par with any of those two carriers so please stop generalizing. Maybe UPS realizes that a diverse pilot group is better than hiring only military pilots. Not all military pilots are gods gift ya know...
I was using the "Delta material" line as what THEY (not me) perceive as stereotypes.

Stereotypically, some carriers in the past "idolize" military flyers. UPS does not. They seem to value guys and gals who have done the tougher 121 supplemental and 135 gigs.

As an example, during the sim prep I've seen questions come up to my mil guys "so...how are you going to deal with flying with guys who never flew off a carrier, etc..." The pilot was smart enough to not take the bait, but it was obvious the interviewer was searching for any bias towards non-military pilots with the candidate. It makes sense, because there are a bunch of pilots from a lot of backgrounds at UPS, and they don't want primadonas.

I think you misread my post. FWIW...I got one kid who is a CFI and will likely purse the regional ranks. I have a bunch of regional folks and some with corporate experience on my team. The best MD-11 LCA I flew with was a 23 year old ATP. I know good pilots come from lots of different places.