GatorHog
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2015
  • Position
    pj's and coffee
Quote: Thanks for reading.

I've been going nuts trying to decide on which regional to got to. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Endeavor and Republic. I have a CJO from Endeavor currently and an interview with Republic later this month.

Here is what's important to me:

- NYC Base. EWR not an option. Endeavor has JFK and LGA. RAH only LGA. If RAH pulls out of LGA, it's quite undesirable. Endeavor is making a big push for NYC, which is great imo.

- Pay/work rules. Republic's contract has higher pay rates. Endeavor has the bonus. Delta could theoretically take that away at any point. An extra guaranteed day off at republic (12) instead of Endeavor's (11) would mean 1 more day per month to pick up open time at a higher pay rate. I don't know much about the "work rules," side of it, but I've "heard," that they're not as good at RAH.

- Stability. As far as I'm concerned, every regional has the same fate - no one ever knows what it is. However, looking at the current snapshot, Endeavor has the full support of Delta. They're a top performer and it doesn't seem like they're going anywhere. Current growth looks great. I've heard mixed things about the RAH bankruptcy. Some say it's been bloody, others say the future looks bright. The new AA deal confirms that they'll most likely pull through. It seems like an unnecessary risk though. Flying for all 3 legacies can be a good thing though?

Thanks for your comments. Thoughts?
Once you've done all your research and feel like you have a grasp on both companies, flip a coin. While it's in the air, the back of your mind will hope it lands on one company. Go with that one and never even look at the coin.