View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 05:55 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by CALFO View Post
........ As for the guys that were around for the ratification of Contract '02, I imagine that most of the "Yes" voters now understand what a turd they passed. ......"
The UNION was the one promoting this "turd". Had the economy continued on the path it was taking, I have no doubt that we'd have a few less major airlines. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), the airline business has turned around thanks to all the pay and benefit cuts the employees took, although this summers delays and the sky high fuel prices have decimated the profits we SHOULD be making. If oil was down around $40 a bbl, (where it should be), the opportunity to get the healthcare costs on the first day of being a newhire would be a lot greater. Hopefully that will be addressed on the next contract because no one should have to wait six months for insurance. Time will tell. I still see CAL as the top airline. Most of the other legacy airlines still have pilots furloughed. CAL has been hiring for quite some time.................