Old 09-26-2016, 01:58 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Screwed View Post
My thoughts are this.....I watched the video of the GMM and DW addressed this issue repeatedly. There are more open sections than just the duty day.

But EVEN IF it was just the duty day issue then I oppose a 24 hr duty day. I have been in ACMI for well over 20 yrs. 24 hours is too long. Period. This should not even be an issue. The FAA focked us when they allowed the cargo carve out.
I agree with a lot of your points regarding the industry. I must however take exception to you assumption that what you saw at that meeting was an accurate representation of the facts. Wells is technically correct is saying that there are many open items because the agreement in principle was presented as a take all or leave all proposal. The company accepted all items except the 20 hour day. (We presently have 30 hours for a double crew and 18 for a 3 man crew.)

I just cannot see us being released to strike of 1 issue that we did not even ask for. So, if it goes your way I will continue to work 30 hour duty days for 2/3 pay for the foreseeable future.

I see a compromise here with the company and the union, but it would only work if Wells decides to cooperate. The compromise is, that any scheduled trips, would fall under the 20 hour rule with no extensions allowed. Ad Hoc, or military trips, would be extendable to 24 hours. This would then be better than Atlas currently has regarding scheduled trips. In my opinion, if Wells balks at that I think that Decertification would be our only option.