View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 AM
Whiplash6
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by ucsspirit View Post
I want to see if I understand what has been said lately about the pay issues. All other issues aside (contracts, QOL, Taxes). The way I have been reading this, is that if I get a bid, odds are its going to change, and if I do my part to be at home as much as I can and not work, I will only make peanuts, however if I do my part, Fly and do the job I was hired to do, I will loose some of that time at home, but I might be able to make a livable wage?

I am seriously considering Atlas as my next job for several reasons. I am trying to weed through a lot of the horse pucky on this thread and make sense of what the truth of the matter really is.

That's the long and short of it. Essentially, there are only 2 ways to stay home more than roughly 13 nights a month and that is to have vacation and conflict bid or to call in sick. Either way you are only going to bring in a measly guarantee check worth 62 hours of pay. You could volunteer to work on your days off if you like being a company b***h and giving up precious at home time considering there is even any open time to pick up.

If you choose to not maximize your time at home you will 99 times out of 100 only get paid at a rate of 4.85 hours per full day you are away. The first and last days of your pattern aren't full days so instead of receiving 82.45 you will most likely receive 77 hours for 17 nights gone from home. This also is not guaranteed because should you fall ill and bang out sick on the road you are no longer accruing pay until you call in well again..... also, should the company not need you any more for that pattern they can schedule you to return home and sit reserve for zero pay.

Moral of the story is Atlas has you by the nuts and if you can't make it off guarantee then you'll be hurtin for certain.