View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Spartan07
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: C152

Originally Posted by asupilot View Post
In my personal experience, the Air Force is "passive-aggressive." There will be repercussions...not obvious ones, but ones just beneath the surface that will most certainly have an adverse effect you. The "system" makes me sick. Aside from the bros I actually fly with, I don't trust or respect anyone. Your community/situation may be different.
I'm not trying to pick an inter-service rivalry fight here but how in the heck can the Air Force as a whole be an effective fighting force with a system that makes one of it's fighting members feel that way?

None of the branches are perfect and there were times that I got a really strong feeling that one of my higher ups didn't exactly have my best interest at heart, but in general I trusted my life to everyone in my chain of command from my platoon sergeant all the way up to the Commandant. And it's a good thing I felt that way too because there were a lot of times that I really had to depend on the capabilities of other Marines that weren't in my unit.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm not trying to say one branch is better than the other, and I know none of the branches are perfect, but the fact that almost every airman I have -ever- talked to has said that they do not trust anyone in the AF except for some of the guys working next to them kind of makes me sick...