Thread: SurfAir
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 PM
pc12ng
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2016

FYI, SurfAir is a cool place to work. heres whats happened recently to help you decide if you want to work here

1) they have cut alot of the flying out of the system. they told 300 members to kick rocks because they could not afford to operate it.

2) moral is the worst I have seen it since I started. Our attrition rate is to the tune of " id rather work at a regional" and weve lost "if i had to guess" 30 people in the last 6 months....of 90

3) this isnt the come and get 22 days off a month anymore. most routes are only out and backs. its so bad they issued a 4 hour pay credit just to keep people from not going loco. I came here and had 20-22 days off a month, I now have 5.

4) we are losing money like kylie jenner at a Louis Vuitton store.

5) the main reason we have captains here is becasuse we wanted QOL, and to be honest we lost alot of people because aside from being home everynight, its the same route everyday and now the routes are terrible.

6) as you have noticed the Europe marketing has taken over the company. I have not seen an add for California in months.

to break it down this place was a fantastic place to work if you wanted a good QOL. I would not advise anyone trying to build time, move on, or come in as a street captain. The great pilot group is starting to become know by management as "just a number" like any other 135 or 121 place.

in conclusion I just want you young guys to know what to expect. Ive seen pilots hired at 288 hours and others at 1000 for FO. apply to build crew experience and build turbine time. From what I have seen you are better off getting twin time at ameriflight, or going to skywest. this was not meant to draw negativity, just a look from the inside. they are going from the "flying club" to the oh **** were broke phase. IMHO they really blew it but what can you do its a flying job if we wanted to make money we would have picked another career!!!