Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 12:49 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
And I think you weren't there, and don't know what you're talking about. The guy who responded with the push clearance was a different guy from the one who reminded everyone that they were on Guard.
Lol ok.

Originally Posted by Hetman View Post
I have found that more often than not, miscommunication, for whatever reason, is best sorted out directly between the parties involved and that "help" from parties outside the discussion, whether intended to actually be helpful or not, usually doesn't help.
I agree entirely. It began to be ridiculous and wasn't helping. Some of the "blahhked" people were doing it to be funny/annoying, and not because there is a long silence after a blocked and there is a question regarding receipt. It was particularly annoying because the channel was busy for a very good reason during the time.

I really didn't think this would be controversial. But obviously the short crowd have to try to prove they are better aviators than a doctor and bring out the insults!

Originally Posted by maddogmax View Post
Ask any controller and they will tell you they hate it when the hear "blocked" If they don't get a response from the aircraft they are trying to contact, they will try again in a few seconds. They don't need help from any one else.
Yep. My experience asking a few too.