Thread: Possible TA?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Cogf16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: VEOP Retired! 7ER A was last position

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
We opened very reasonable and have come down WAY more than the company has come up, despite the fact that the rest of the industry has taken a huge leap since then. We've also AIP'd a gaggle of concessions and apparently haven't gotten much if anything for them. As bad as the "bargaining credit" methodology of selling out things for chits is, you'd at least think we'd be piling all those on top of a dominating pay proposal for something truly eye watering. But instead they take our concessions and stonewall us on pay and finally come up a percent, and we haven't even seen the potential mother of all concessions for the JV side of things.

They are making it really easy to say no at the MEC/NC level, and especially the MEMRAT level.

And if DC-9 sized RJ's is annoying or played out, DC-8 sized RJ's is almost as accurate, especially since we're not really talking about 76 seaters but more like 90 seaters.
I know we lost so much in BK and are still behind C2000, but we didn't open reasonably. Did we open 22/7/7 or was that our second proposal? I get where that would put us via a vis inflation etc, but 22/7/7 would have put us 10 or 15% above UAL. Also I understand our contract, other than a few things( 6th week of vacation) and.....is BETTER than UAL So how is that reasonable in the eyes of the company or the NMB?