View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 08:28 AM
aaronbrann

Default The redundancies of advice

UND (sorry for the redundancy) -- My plan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I currently am a Senior in High school studying in Istanbul, Turkey. As with many others my age, I dream of flying. However, these times are rough and with many airlines faltering, I have begun to realize the challenges of trying to become an airline pilot, or even making a living in the trade for that matter. However, I am just taking my SATs now, and will not be able to apply to any University until after may, so I may end up sticking out at a local community college for a year and get my core credits out of the way. Yet, I would just as soon take these classes at UND because of the rather inexpensive tuition, plus you can gain residency in 6 months or so I've heard. I am really just trying to get my thoughts together.

I figure these are my options:

1.) Major in Computer Science, with an emphasis on Commercial Aviation at UND. Hopefully I will save up money throughout college, and once out work save enough money to complete my training.

2.) Major in Commercial Aviation, and Minor in Computer Science

3.) Major in Commercial Aviation, and then remain a CFI for a couple of years until I get on my feet

3.) AF ROTC--Through UND

Any opinions are greatly appreciated