Old 10-02-2016, 03:43 PM
TallFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Bottom line is, if you like passenger flying, stay where you are. ACMI carriers are not family friendly for the most part. That being said I love this lifestyle, but my kids are grown and I am single.
Your advice is pretty good, and welcome. Truth be told, I do like what I do, I do like the schedule, and our pay is coming up. I fly airplanes that are all owned by AA, for a company owned by AA. I don't think it's going anywhere for a while.

I can see a certain appeal to the ACMI lifestyle, in particular the aircraft and crazy destinations. I've done enough 135 freight that I know how to operate independently and get things done within the confines of my responsibilities and abilities.

I'm also, like you, single, but no kids. Truth is, I'd rather not stay that way, and that alone will probably influence my decision more than anything else.

Originally Posted by jercdevil View Post
Quality of life at AA would be ten folds compared to ACMI flying.
In most ways, yes. Like I said though, I can see the appeal and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the downsides.

Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
Only job you have is the one you have right now. Would be a very poor decision to waste 5 years of your life "waiting" to flow. Everyone's hiring.
True also. I'm probably not off the street Delta or United material quite frankly. I'd take JB in a heartbeat though.

Originally Posted by Rama View Post
You should consider where both companies will or won't be in 10 or 20 years.
That's honestly the biggest concern I'd have about Kalitta.