Old 10-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Gearswinger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by schmohawk View Post
In fact breast cancer kills about 60% more people than prostate cancer.

https://www.cancer.gov/types/common-cancers

Don't be heartless. Given the entire human population is separated by 7 degrees, you all must know someone important to you that has been affected by cancer. Try to think about what they and their loved ones are going through cause one day you might find yourself in an infusion center holding the hand of someone getting pumped full of chemo. And I don't care what the motivation, any awareness, contribution or not, is good. Keep those pink tie and starbucks airport selfies coming.
What I've noticed is there is nowhere that is more back stabbing, cynical, and critical of others than APC. People can't just let others live, they have to give input where none was needed or asked for. Complaining about people wearing a pink tie for a month is just one of the more ridiculous examples. These same people (for the most part) don't act like this in real life. They just enjoy coming on here and blowing off steam.

For me the bottom line is this: I nearly lost my mother to breast cancer. Every year my company encourages me to wear a pink tie in October to increase awareness, so I wear one. I don't think it'll change the world or make a huge difference, but it might help in some way. We do give to charity to support cancer research so it's not just a tie. The fact that I like having some color for one month out of the year is just a bonus, even though my son makes fun of me every time he sees me wearing the pink tie.