View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 04:22 PM
lineupandhold
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: PIC LR35

I struggle with this constantly since I'm at the point where I can go either direction, including medevac.

Things I'm considering: stable company, career progression, home basing (or a short commute on the west coast), 7/7 or 8/6 schedule and to "just fly the plane" as Quarryman mentioned. Imcan handle customer service type stuff, play FA and throw bags for the right gig. I'm not looking to get rich but six figs as a captain after 5-10 years would be ideal. Does this exist?

I worked 7 years at a well known company within the industry which paid good and offered excellent benefits but it wasn't fulfilling, became monotonous, and makes me never want to work a desk job again. Do any of you NOT know where your next trip will take you but you DO know when you'll be home and not feel overworked? Something that offers adventure such as new airports, new experiences, the ability to enjoy yourselves on longer overnights, yet job security and stability at the same time.

I have plenty of friends at all levels in the 121 world so I know what to expect there... but none on the 135/charter/medevac side which is why I remain curious.