View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Forrest Gump
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013

I was like you. I had to beg and borrow flight time to get the multi engine time I needed. I would recommend trying to find which regional you want to work for above all else and pursue that. Personally, I took out a 0% credit card to buy my last few hours of flight time in the twin since I didn't have the time to pursue the MEI that I wasn't going to use. Nearly any regional airline you go to right now will give you a signing bonus that will easily cover $2,000. You need to be looking at things like reserve time, domicile (QOL), cost of living, and upgrade time in this environment. Commutair, Piedmont, Endeavor, Envoy, and Skywest were most of the airlines that I took a good look at. Ultimately I chose Commutair for the domicile and quick upgrade. Do not underestimate being able to have a domicile near friends and family. It really makes a huge difference. I commute two legs to see my girlfriend and it would be really dumpy to do that commute regularly without having my family to fall back on in my domicile. I can't impress upon you how much better my QOL is knowing that I have a bedroom at my parents house any time I want it.