View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 AM
unity2010
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
Growth isn't bad if it's being done with large numbers of new hires. Which is what is happening. Growth would be bad if it was happening with little to no new hires.

But currently Envoy is flowing and growing...which is great at both ends of the seniority list. That is only possible because of the large number of new hires we are seeing. I hate dropping too much information in such a short period of time...but let's just say that Pedro has a plan to get Envoy back to American Eagle levels of staffing and flying. The goal is a net growth of 20 pilots per month for all of 2017...that includes flowing 30/per month. So a year from now we should be at around 3,000 pilots.

Also, I've referenced it in the past and yesterday the Union did as well in their email...but expect to see another base announcement soon. It will be satellite to start, but should transition to a full base by end of 2017. Again, all this without sacrificing the flow even an inch. Only possible because we will be running classes of 50/per month.

Edit: Also I wanted to stress something for current Envoy pilots. If you live in the Miami area and/or would like to ever be based in Miami... DO NOT upgrade on the CRJ or E175 on this or the next bid. I mean...do what you feel is best for you. I'm just making a suggestion. Remember that any upgrade has a seat lock...and the CRJ and E175 won't be leaving DFW/ORD anytime soon.
Just saw the Aa Lga town hall meeting on jetnet, Mr Isom has some great plans for eny...good time to be at eny