View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 PM
TimetoClimb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by CLT Guy View Post
In a couple of months, there could be 100 people hired ahead of you.

If they are flowing 15 a month by the time that you flow, that extra 100 people in front of you could cost you an extra 6 months.
Following your math, if someone is hired in 6 months with 300 ahead of him (envoy hiring 50/mo), that 6 month delay will cost him nearly 2 yrs extra waiting to flow. I'm sorry, but this 'hurry aboard and pull up the ladder behind you' mentality is so blatantly dense; there are far too many variables to simplify it to this level.

What about the guys still instructing that need 10 more months to make it to envoy; with 500 ahead of them, is the flow gonna be an additional 3yrs on top of the 6 yrs for someone hired today?

I can imagine what he will be told.. "oh too bad kid, looks like if you'd completed that instrument rating faster your career would've gone a lot better"

I know seniority is everything in this line of work, but your relative seniority is part of a continuum that is affected by the decisions of multiple airlines and is always in flux. You can't say for sure today is the best day and tomorrow will invariably be worse. In my opinion, becoming a capable, flexible and outgoing pilot is a much better use of time than attempting to read a crystal ball.