View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by Rayeli View Post
I know...I was lucky enough to get DTW on the last vacancy and will only have commuted to NYC for 3 months, but I don't want to be on reserve there forever either. How big can NYC get? Has anybody heard any rumors about where these supposed 20 new 200's are going next year?
Spaced throughout the system. Much like -900's. All 4 bases, maybe 3 by the time they arrive (read: NYC co-domicile IF full efb's are deployed in conjunction, that's a predicated piece). Flying will continue to "flow" through each base, focus cities, and mx bases. Just regrowing the population. Talks of another base, but there have been many talks before, so let's stick to facts.

The push has been to grow nyc -200, now it's to stabilize as the numbers match for upgrades and new hires in the secondary market. Bid where you want to be, keep the bid card in that mantra and you will end up in your #1 choice in due time. It should be a movement process where you can see peers moving at the same rate, but on their own prerogative. Some will chase base seniority as commuters without difference, others will chase upgrade, some live in base (or have a very easy commute) and will allow progress to only enhance QOL. Create a mantra and allow relative isl seniority to raise your QOL or pay, as you see fit.