View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by flyerNy
A thought...

Who do we remember most in our lives that make the largest impressions that mold us into who we are today? When people see an airline pilot in his monkey suit walk through the terminal they see a pilot. When a teacher passes his knowledge and abilities on to his students, he leaves a legacy. The instructor will be remembered, name, face, character, and ideas that define a person, whereas the pilot in the mokey suit will be just that.

I like to instruct and understand its importance in avaition. unfortunately it is not viewed well and also has MANY that do not dont want to do it and have a bad attitude towards it. These individuals (fortunately) dont do it for long. I think it is vey unfortunate that the instuctor profession is not taken seriously and for economic reasons cant be a real job. I would like everyone who is an instructor that strives to better teach and help others achieve thier goals and takes the profession seriously (even without the respect) to give themselves a good pat on the back and know that there are a few of us out there that do it for the good of it; or also why I do - to correct all the mistakes the arrogant instructors teach or fail to teach.

People fear what they do not understand, Thats why many view instructing as dangerous.
I couldn't agree more!