RedeyeAV8r , 08-27-2007 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2006
Quote: Surely a waste of my time, but here goes:

.................... That said, when the population is greater than 1,000,000,000 even when a minority has access to good education (superior by far to much of good ole U.S.A.) there is obviously a large number of educated people who are accustomed to first world living conditions. It is my bet that these are the ones that are being hired at the airlines there and I would wager my next (paltry) paycheck that they are not interested in leaving their country to come work for even one of our 'best' regionals......................................... .................................................. ...

I'll take that Bet. I travel to India all the time, even The Elite aren't living in what most of us would consider First world conditions. They do have a privileged life. Why are there so Many Doctors and Computer Software engineers of Indian Descent practicing their trade here in the USA?

Answer, they go where the Pay is? and they leave a culture of filth extreme poverty, disease and death (like I have never experience elswhere) I Can't blame them really, but the fact is they are willing to work for far less than the average 1st world Pilot.

Just look at what has happened to Dot.Coms and where did the bulk of their outsourcing go too?
Just call 1-800m Dell with a computer problem, who do you talk to?

As for asking what is wrong with a Zero time Pilot upgrading to CAPT in 5 years?
I will sum it up in one Word.............Experience. Yes in 4-5 years the Fledgling Pilot has seen a few things and has had some hands on time, but I'll take the guy who did 6 years in the Military and an Major FO for 5-9 years, or the civilan guy who Flight instructed for 2 years, Flew night Bank Checks a Beech for a year or two and then got on with a Regional for 3-5 years before he made it to a major of LCC and was an FO for 5-8 years before his Capt upgrade, thank you very much.

But 5 years total from zero experience to being a 121 Capt on a A320 or Bigger. No thanks , My wife and kids ain't geeting on that plane. You take the Fliedgling Capt and now he has a zero time wonder in the right seat and it is a recepie for disaster.

BTW they aren't planning on these kids flying RJ's. They are planning on them flying the heavy iron.