Old 10-11-2016, 10:10 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Sorta like a legacy standard that has turned down well qualified pilots over computerized testing and the shrink visit, so much for that actual experience and decision making. But I digress. The point was the theory/written examinations that culminate eventually to the full ATP licensing in Europe. Actual experience and decision making comes in the practical portion.
I know you're jaded and I remember why and I get that. But we're not going to adopt the inferior euro standards here. No thanks. There's zero pressure to do so either, thankfully. If europe is so amazing, go fly there. They will embrace you as their brother aviator I'm sure.

As for interviews, there is simply no way to hire 100% of every "well qualified" pilot, or even to subjectively define that in the first place. No other profession gets it right all the time either. And I don't think europe is any better in that regard either. Every airline on earth passes on pilots that would have made good ones there. There is no way to perfectly screen everyone and they don't do it there either.