View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Armypilotc12
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Bilsch View Post
Thanks USMCFLYR.

FWIW, I used to work on C-12's at one time...a long time ago. Goes to show what a great aircraft they are.

As for other FAA positions, some in AVS that work in areas that transport executives and high level GOV officials, oversee secure ops, etc., require higher clearances.
Awesome. Thank you all for the information. Learning all this stuff prior to getting out has been a waterfall. I assume those positions are probably highly coveted. On the plus side, found out today my clearance will be good for an additional year after departing the army so that was a plus!

Thanks for all the good information.

Lastly, does having a high level clearance automatically make you choice for higher jobs? For instance say a position opens requiring a top secret in the office (not sure if that scenario would exist) would you by default get that slot or would you have to apply? Is there any incentive to take those positions? I guess what I'm saying is how does job assignment work on what you're in charge of? I would bet some people don't / can't get some of these clearances. For instance I work with a lot of civilian maintainers and there was a job that required a clearance he did not want to apply for. He declined and moved to a different area and they just grabbed a dude with a clearance already that said he would do it.