View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 09:19 AM
GlobalPizzaMan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Im approaching 4 years with Atlas. I gave a breakdown of my pay earlier in this thread, no need to re-hash that.
I will summarize it in general terms, when I'm doing my budget and estimating what my check will be ahead of time before the official report comes out, I clear 59% of my gross, and then add per diem which is roughly $800 for 17 days of work. Folks who are incredulous as to how little that comes out to be must live in their parents basement and may not understand the real world. I contribute 10% for the 401k in order to maximize the company contribution and pay for the family health plan. This is what any responsible individual should do. Atlas is a big boy job, not contributing to a 401k or opting out of health insurance in order to get a decent pay check are things 21 year olds do when they start out at a regional. You can make a fair living here but don't let the hourly wage fool you. We have zero work rules to go with it and zero soft time. All in all makes for an unimpressive wide body paycheck, regardless of longevity.