Thread: Emirates people
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Jughead135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Hates Commuting
Default Emirates people

Site is pretty wall-to-wall with Emirates ads lately. Anyone know if the people featured in those ads are "real people," i.e., actual Emirates pilots & their families?

I ask due to curiosity. Some of those pictures in the ads appear... suspect, based on the times I've been over there.

The one pic of the gal doing yoga with the Burj Al Arab in the background, for example; or the gal riding the bike; or the guy jogging: these are all fairly normal activities, except for the cultural implications of how they're dressed. We had a guy from my USAF squadron get arrested for going jogging, dressed essentially the same as the guy in the ad. Women seem to have a special hell over there, and wearing biking shorts or yoga pants is not something I'd expect to go over well.

And, I admit, I'm surprised to learn (if it is in fact the case) that Emirates not only has but is recruiting female pilots. Is that not also a cultural taboo over there...?

I have no dog in this fight, there is precisely zero chance I will be applying to Emirates or any other company in the Middle East; again, just caught my eye & I'm curious to know if anyone knows these folks and/or the background of these ads....