View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 08:25 AM
CE680Pilot
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: CE680 Captain

I've definitely heard of this happening in the business world, and I've had close friends that this has happened to, but not in corporate aviation. I think that's because for the last 20+ years, it's been an employers market, not a pilots market, although that is changing. Both Fortune 250 companies I've worked for would say, to me or any other pilot in the department, "ok, see you later", without the slightest hesitation, even after 8-9 years of solid employment, good standing and with excellent service from me. I think you'd maybe be more inclined to see counter-offers from private and or family transportation flight departments, than Fortune 500 departments. Wish it wasn't that way, but it is, and has been for me.

Originally Posted by Likeabat View Post
I know a guy (Corporate) that was recently offered a class date with FedEx. His employer responded with a significant raise as well as some other improvements to keep him. I've actually heard of a couple of stories like this recently - as well as corporate guys bailing for the airlines regardless of any counter offer from their employer. Hopefully this continues to put upward pressure on corporate salaries.