Thread: Emirates people
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 07:35 PM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
You would rather see legacies target people who left the USA to go fly big airplanes in the Middle East for a foreign carrier (one that undercuts the US and our WB intl flying) while there are over 12k regional pilots, many of whom who have been flying your passengers at C scale rates, trying like hell to get on at a legacy? Ok.

Note: Not a defense of Emirates or the UAE

.....................but this kind of thinking has got to stop!!!

Plenty of pilots left the USA in 2002/2003 and in the years following after they were furloughed from their ALPA airline jobs or their ALPA airlines went out of business. They had nowhere else to go what with the stagnation created by the change to age 65 retirement that followed.

When I joined Emirates they had less than 50 airplanes and did not serve North America at all. They were one of the few airlines hiring in the dark days post 9-11 So you would punish me, and those like me, for making a good choice at the time? One that had zero, and I mean literally zero, effect on any U.S. ALPA pilot other than giving them jobs after their own ALPA carriers furloughed them or went out of business.

It is just unreal how supposedly educated grown men can have so much hate in their hearts and be so ignorant as to say what you have said. In your distorted vision of reality you'd rather I have gone from legacy F.O. to regional F.O. at $25,000/year than to foreign airline F.O. at $75,000/year, with an 18 month upgrade timeline. That is the kind of decision making you would like to see in the pilots that the current major airlines hire? Really?

Typhoonpilot