View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:31 AM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

In all seriousness does PBS allow you to drop 3 days of flying every month through monthly overlap? And with 4 weeks of vacation placed every other week in the summer is it possible to get the entire month of June and entire month of July off having only 4 weeks of vacation?

Trust me I understand what PBS does for you and how it builds a schedule tailored to what you actually want to fly, but I don't care how tight your contract language is, PBS is going to be a win for the company in terms of monthly overlap and vacation overlap. The company would have to say that they are going to allow PBS to build you a schedule having no idea what the end of your previous month looks like and if and where you have vacation. That would be INCREDIBLE, but no company is stupid enough to ever allow that.

I'm just pointing out the fact that with PBS you are giving up two huge items, vacation overlap and monthly overlap, just to have a schedule "custom" built for you. We may have to bid predetermined lines, but our scheduling system is so flexible that the possibilities are endless as to what you can do with your schedule and you are rarely stuck with certain trips. Keep in mind I have been holding a line since May and I have yet to fly a single trip that was awarded to me on my initial bid.