Old 10-19-2016, 09:08 AM
AFTrainerGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
Yes but how many accidents has human error caused? Quite a few and nowadays it's the leading cause of accidents and incidents by a long shot. Our aircraft are so reliable now that it's pretty much the only thing that goes wrong that causes an accident.

The problem with drones/AI in aviation right now is they are forcing the adaptation into a human environment. We should be thinking the opposite - how to strip out the humans and make the whole apparatus a computer controlled system.

Technology is increasing at such a fast pace that things that don't seem reasonable or viable now will be an everyday thing. Just look at video calls, a decade ago they weren't even a thought and now for kids growing up today, it is their only type of phone call they know.

Just a guess but I'd bet within 30 years the piloting profession will be just like that of the navigator or flight engineer.
If you listen to Ray Kurzweil, he says same thing and even faster. His major concepts are on how most people think linearly versus technology moving exponentially. If you don't know who he is, Google him and listen to some of his talks. Whether you agree or not, he is fascinating to listen to and is sort of a modern day Edison.

One thing he nor others take into account, in my opinion, is the regulatory and legislative process slowing everything down. Good for us I guess