View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 02:59 PM
hyperboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
AND CaptCool

We have a choice. That's this vote. We say as a group to NO/ZERO compensatory manipulation from management UNTIL we have a CBA. The Union and MEC is wrong to advise us that we should take this money. It will be a quid pro quo when the CBA and compensation is hashed out. Especially in regards to back-pay. We are essentially signing a 2017 PEA with this LOA. Just like in 2013 when we all saw the roses on the 13% raise but the bud fell off our premium trigger. Take some and you lose some.

TXBus is saying that jetblue is a joke. The Union vote was supposed to increase our relevance as a pilot group vying for A320 and Major Airline wages. This further supports the NO argument as complete solidarity against management until we have a CBA. If this LOA passes (and it will) the company knows our first TA will pass. So they'll make up a $hit sandwich and serve it up with no retro pay, no international rates, no healthcare changes and maybe a 8% no match 401k in their newly negotiated low cost Empower Financial account of their choosing. (BTW, 8% is the 5% they already match plus the 3% profit share you just lost= COST NUETRAL)

I agree that you can find a percentage of new hire pilots that would be less attractive to the Legacy carriers. But, that's their decision. I'm not sure how we resolve that situation, nor do I see it as a positive or negative game changer to the company.

ALPA has the slogan "Contract Above All". I see this LOA appeasement as a compromise to their own slogan.

-Bubs
Or does it upset you that we got 8% during negotiations without a CBA? Thats almost unheard of to get something during section 6? Oh well never happy is the choice I guess.

I guess 14 in a row against Army on the football is not good enough either?