View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 05:42 AM
Hrkdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Fairly local

Funny how things turn out. I didn't remember starting this thread...

Later in 2012 I tested with a group of guys at FedEx. We all passed. They said they'd call us back in the Spring of 2013 to finish the interview. Well, they retired the 727s and drew down their pilot force a bit. Crickets.

They (FedEx) called in the Spring all right...of 2014...one week before I was done with probation at Delta. By this time I knew I was happy at DAL and had a fairly easy commute so I politely declined to finish the interview. That was the hardest "no" ever. I did a lot of international and backside of the clock flying in the AF and didn't want to go back to it. But the FedEx contract...sigh.

Now I'm 38% in my seat, I can pick some trips and hold weekends and holidays, and the 3 or 4 dozen junior captains at DAL are junior to me. Crazy times.

Oh, I kept my stuff current on the SWA app until I got to DAL in 2014, but I never heard from them again.

You SWA guys seem like you're enjoying yourselves and I thought it would be a cool place to work, but life doesn't always turns out like you planned.