Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 09:22 AM
PSA help
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

I don't really care how the lines are built, as long as I can still SAP and get the schedule that I want. If they give me an efficient schedule initially, with all of the days off that I want, then I won't need to even bother SAPping. But if the PBS gives me a bad schedule, then I want to be able to SAP and fix it.

If I get what I want, I don't care if it came from SAP/Line bidding or PBS. But PBS alone is not a good solution. A small percentage get what they want, and everyone else gets what is left over. But we all want different things, and that is why SAP works. I like working weekends, and like certain overnights. Other people hate working weekends and dislike the overnights that I like. I drop my trip into open time, and someone else picks it up.

If they want PBS, then give us an average day credit of 4.75hrs (no 4 day trips with a credit less than 19 hours), let us still SAP exactly as we do now, and increase the flow.

The SAP is the best quality of life tool in the regionals. For the last 3 months, I ended up dropping every single trip that I was awarded and picked up new ones. Every single one. I got the days off that I want, no 4 day trip worth less than 20 hours, and overnights that I want. I even have a 19 hour overnight starting at 1pm on a Saturday in November and bought tickets to go and see a college football game of a school that I have always wanted to see. I also have 2 long overnights with the hotel on the beach in Florida - so I can get some sun and warmth. That is the benefit of the SAP. I am not willing to give that up.