View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 01:50 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I am going to look at the videos myself, however, I'm sure some of you have already done it will know the answers.

Can you switch back and forth from the buy up plan to a CDHP every other year if you like?

A visit to your PCP about a sinus infection (or a FedEx mandated doctors letter) could cost upwards of $200 at my doctors. That's not preventative care, and right now I only pay a $20 deductible. Would I be responsible for the full cost every time I go to the doctors for the sniffles, until I hit my 5K deductible? Did I read that correctly?

Also, I think our overall medical costs last year were about 3K, and 8K the year prior. Don't know how much of that would have been preventative, maybe a few doctors visits and a colonoscopy. However, if having to get a colonoscopy is not necessarily going to be preventative (ie you have to get it every 3 years because they removed something), that is a LOT of money. Maybe you could switch to the buy up plan in the year you know you need to get stuff done, and it would be worthwhile to consider.

Last edited by busdriver12; 10-25-2016 at 02:15 PM.