View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:27 AM
AFTrainerGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

I for one hope we go. I don't believe ALPA is some savior or magic bullet though. I hope we're smart enough to change the Reps too in the move. If not, yeah, it's just a different shingle over the door. But even that might just be a little of what we need. We continually lag because we're a bunch of small groups (LAA, LUS, LAW, TWA, 3rd Listers, etc.), instead of one group working together. Changing the shingle can be the start of unity. It's time to come together and work toward the future instead of always arguing about the past. Just look at that CnR forum. Nothing but arguments about who "saved" who, who voted yes or no, etc, etc, etc.. I know, very vocal minority, but they highlight the underlying problems here. It's time to move on or we will never be industry leading. We are our own worst enemy. So, In my opinion, a little extra dues, which can probably be negotiated down, just might be the symbolic gesture we need to move forward. Seriously, something has to change and right now this just ain't working.