View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Xtreme87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Rabid Seagull View Post
Here's your West Coast Expansion:

We're pleased to announce an agreement today to make a minority equity investment in JetSuite, the Californian-based private jet operator. JetSuite recently launched JetSuiteX, a public charter operation using a fleet of 33 jets outfitted with private jet-like amenities at commercial ticket prices. As a public charter operator, JetSuiteX operates out of private terminals, allowing travelers to arrive just 15 minutes ahead of departure. We believe JetSuite is changing the game in short haul air travel on the West Coast and complements JetBlue's expansion in the region, which we outlined earlier in the year. While this investment is not material from a financial disclosure standpoint, we believe it demonstrates our ongoing consideration of potentially disruptive changes to our industry, particularly in those shorter haul markets.

----
Revenue up for this last quarter, but profits down. I wonder what they're spending all the money on?

1) see above. ( notice how they don't give a % investment, just enough to get a board seat)
2) paying down debt, so a merger is less of a turd for the buyer.
3) paying for whatever bs B.S. is doing out on the West Coast.
4) paying for endless " analysis" of the operation ( see below)

So now the airline wants to be an "on-time airline", this is how Jb will do it:

1) Bathroom cleaners in front lav by :02 after block-in ( now I can't get out)
2) ALL Pax deplaned by :11 after block-in ( a320), yes ALL (G.F.L).
3) Gate agent tags and KEEPS the gate bag ( somehow the bag will make it to the end of the jetway).

Yes, please don't address the crew change problems, the 15 wheelchairs inbound from PBI, plane swap problems, the already unrealistic scheduled turn times, etc.

Rant over

-stay tuned for my next rant: Why are so many NY'ers moving to NC?-
Not a single mention of crew members having to take a break and get a bite to eat. Nope. That's not part of the equation or their problem.