View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
LifeNtheFstLne
Recommend Retention

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Bigfoot
Default CAL vs. CPS/NWA dilemma

Let me start this by saying I have very little interest in getting slammed for asking my questions by people with nearly no airline experience. I'm posting this in the 'Major' forum for that reason. I respect a lot of the caliber of my peers on here, so I'm merely asking for opinions. In no way am I in a position to be critical of any one legacy over another. I would just like some opinions that can be backed up with a few facts to help me sort my thoughts out.

I just got the phone call from CAL to interview anytime in Sept. I had to schedule in Oct. since I'm in YUL doing sims for Compass. (whoops). What do you guys think? Stick it out at CPS and hope to flow to NWA in 30 months or take a job at CAL in Oct. if one is offered to me? Could be a VERY tough call, as I'd be giving up a CA position with great seniority and some needed PIC turbine (I was just shy of 1000). I really don't want to be hopping companies so quickly. Don't slam me for going to CPS, it was a great opportunity but the appeal of NWA is waning as I talk to their current pilots who consistently preach doom and gloom and now that NWA is hiring off the street who cares about a flow through? I have a feeling CAL will be around for a while, but am wary of going somewhere that just had a major hiring boom the last couple years. I have little desire to sit as a RSV F/O forever in EWR. But who does? Anyway, let's hear it! Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I'll start digging in the threads for gouge.

And since it will be asked, my experience is as follows: E-175, G-1159, LR-60 types. 4800TT, 4000Turbine, 900PIC turbine, 121 (ACA RJ F.O.), 135 time, 4-year 'degree' from evil ERAU and I just turned 27.