View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 04:01 AM
SpecialTracking
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
Why yes, I was. How does parking a plane without pay rates compare to a new plane now. Vastly different contracts. Vastly different legal system, vastly different times we live in.

How in the world can you link a PTC plus up where the company wasn't following the contract to the delivery of a new plane now covered under our current CBA?

I understand your anger over the PTC, but to link it to the "Shiny new Jet syndrome" is completely nonsensical.

You missed my point. While I benefitted from the temporary PTC plus, I applaud the MEC in looking out for the group as a whole and pulling the plug. I agree, issues surrounding the parking of the -400 vs the PTC issue are completely different. My question soley surrounds the pilot reaction in each case.

The picture above has nothing to do with the PTC issue or the parking of the -400s. It did lead me to wonder how the pilots reacted when the MEC wisely decided to park a SNJ almost 30 years ago and how would today's pilot group react if they were faced with the same situation. The current PTC issue, which I think pales in comparison to the events of 30 years ago elicited an outrage of "ME". As in the MEC cost "ME" money. Some even went as far to allude that it disadvantaged the junior pilot over those more senior as it relates to BES.

Did the pilots of 30 years ago voice an outrage of "ME"? Judging pilot reaction, especially under different circumstances, serves as a portrait of the pilot group. It also serves as a guide of the work to be done.