View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Rosie
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Life,

I'm pretty sure the flow up agreement from CPS to NWA has some wording in it that only allows for the flow up depending on the staffing at CPS. In other words if staffing at CPS is tight then NWA will not pull from CPS (this may have only pertained to furloughed guys only not sure). For furloughed NWA guys working at CPS there was the 30 month deal. I'm just not real confident in flow thru agreements.

I would be hard pressed NOT to leave Compass (with the hope of someday moving to NWA) if offered a position at CAL. NWA has some really bad morale problems. I read on the NWA ALPA web-board that last year some 150 plus pilots under the age of 55 have left for other things....could be good for seniority when you think about but there are still many angry people there.

CAL is looking at hiring about 400 to 500 more dudes between now and the summer of 08 and you want to be in the front of that wave (that's a good hunk of seniority). The other option...hang at CPS and hope in 30 months with a bunch of folks hired at NWA before you that you may flow thru to NWA...and possibly fly a 190/195 on the mainline (NWA is looking at the 190/195 as the DC-9 replacement).

My choice...I left NWA.

Good luck.

Rosie