Old 10-29-2016, 06:53 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
My initial misunderstanding was that the $4600 was a one time deal. It is not, you get that amount every year. Two good years of no need for doctors or three minimual use years and then going forward all your dedictuble would be covered. I really tried to find the "catch" but I have not been able to find it. Purple actually seems like the better plan.
I did not attend a road show, have spoken to Anthem and Fedex benefits above various "gotchas" that my wife brought to my attention. Regarding the $4600 and future funding. I don't see how it would work (Purple vs Buy Up) without the funds. No money, no CDHP. While I have no inside info on Fedex think, I do believe the $4600 front money correlates somehow to normal annual payouts that Fedex and Anthem figure when budgeting health care payouts for an average employee. My guess is they will be square vs Buy Up or better, if we all take the CDHP.
Because you can change back every year, as long as we have the option to Buy Up, I see no way they will be able to "cheap out" and not provide those funds.