View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 03:48 AM
MKUltra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Professional Eugoogoolizer at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good

Originally Posted by Lvlng4Spd View Post
Not true on the approach type in the jet. You can do a circle on any approach but 1000/3 is your min unless plate calls for higher. The Dash is adopting the same standards. Also, the circling restrictions are aircraft specific, so you can't just run down to the FSDO and get your A320 limitation removed for example.
I heard the jet training doesn't do a circle to land to minimums like we do on the dash on the mv.. I'll let you shortly when I transition...

If your initial ATP check ride doesn't include a circle to land at minimums than it will be restricted to no circle to land or vmc only... This can be removed at any time by taking a check ride with a circle to land to min. It can be done in any aircraft type, a little light twin.

If your type rating is restricted, specific to the an airplane, e145 restricted to vmc circling, than the only way to remove that would to be take a check ride in another 145 with circling at mins.

I worked with a dpe a few years ago to get the circling restriction on a couple of people's ATP removed before they went to China "Gina". That removed the restriction on the ATP, but not on their type rating.

Unless things have changed from 5/6 years ago.

Last edited by MKUltra; 10-30-2016 at 04:03 AM.